It’s a couple of weeks after the latest FFG rules update with its clarifications and errata (which hurt my mono hero mill deck with its ammo belt errata – so I will have to update that deck to a version 3). I’ve been building my initial version of a Han/Rey deck. Which as this post would suggest I’m happy enough with to suffer the slings and arrows of constructive feedback from the Destiny community. Which I really do enjoy receiving as it helps me build stronger decks.
Please remember I do not have a complete set of cards and dice. I’m hoping to correct that soon.
Battlefield: Rebel War Room (Yavin IV)
- “Fair” Trade (0 cost, Neutral/Yellow) x 1
- Cheat (1 cost, Neutral/Yellow) x 2
- Electroshock (1 cost, Neutral/Yellow) x 2
- Friends in Low Places (0 cost, Neutral/Yellow) x 2
- Hold On! (0 cost, Hero/Yellow) x 2
- Loth-Cat and Mouse (0 cost, Hero/Yellow) x 2
- Rejuvenate (0 cost, Neutral/Blue) x 2
- Improvisation (0 cost, Neutral/Yellow) x 2
- Infamous (1 cost, Neutral/Yellow) x 1
- Your Eyes Can Deceive You (1 cost, Hero/Blue) x 1
- DL-44 Heavy Blaster Pistol (3 cost, Hero/Yellow) x 1
- Fast Hands (0 cost, Neutral/Yellow) x 2
- Force Illusion (1 cost, Neutral/Blue) x 2
- Holdout Blaster (2 cost, Neutral/Gray) x 1
- Jetpack (2 cost, Neutral/Yellow) x 1
- Lone Operative (3 cost, Hero/Yellow) x 2
- Makashi Training (2 cost, Neutral/Blue) x 1
- Maz’s Goggles (1 cost, Hero/Yellow) x 1
- Vibroknife (2 cost, Neutral/Gray) x 2
I’m a sucker for graphs! This is the analysis that the app I use gives me for this deck.
The app I use on my iPhone is SWD Trades.
My thinking behind the deck
This is all about action cheating with Reys ability and ambush, and keeping Han alive with the shields he gets from playing cards with ambush. To a lesser extent I’m getting some “action” cheating also on Han with fast hands.
Installing an upgrade with ambush on Rey gives two additional actions plus a shield on Han.
Rey is the big hitter here, and with the vibroknife installed deadly. Add in the Makashi Training upgrade with its plus damage, get the right roll there is potentially seven unblockable damage swinging in. Hopefully all before the other player has a chance to respond.
How I Play This Deck
I’m looking for vibroknife/holdout blaster, along with fast hands and some dice removal in my initial hand. This will allow me to start action cheating straight away and put shields on Han through his ability.
If I don’t win the battlefield initially my two shields go on Rey usually. Han will be getting shields with my first play anyway. Unless I get a hold on in my initial hand then I put them on Han for the giggles. They will end up on Rey anyway on my first turn.
My first play is usually an upgrade on Rey, ideally with ambush so Han gets the shield. If fast hands is in my hand that gets installed on Han, then I roll him in and resolve one of his dice.
I’m not using Second Chance but Force Illusion is my keep Rey alive a bit longer card.
I’m also playing upgrades over top of each other so I don’t need as many resources to get them out and I’m getting the action cheating. Although I don’t do this with the vibroknife.
How’d it do?
Remember my local meta is Dale. I think I’m 50/50 against his ePoe/eMaz deck. But my wins have been when the starting hand was good for me, and my dice rolling was good.
I think I have the edge over his (I want to say) Unkar deck. But I can’t remember which one it was. I must start recording which decks of his I play against.
Dale tends to target Rey first so I’m trying to do as much damage with Rey before she is killed off in our games.
Naturally I need second copies of the blasters. I also think Second Chance might be worth looking at.
I might change the battlefield. But I do like the idea of claiming and doing a parting shot with a die I didn’t have the resource for.