In my previous post I went through my first version of this mono mill deck. Since then I’ve made some changes.
Battlefield: Command Center (Lothal)
- Friends in Low Places (0 cost, Neutral/Yellow) x 2
- Rebel (1 cost, Hero/Yellow) x 2
- Evade (1 cost, Neutral/Gray) x 2
- Block (2 cost, Neutral/Gray) x 2
- Take Cover (0 cost, Neutral/Gray) x 2
- Daring Escape (2 cost, Hero/Gray) x 1
- Bolt Hole (0 cost, Neutral/Yellow) x 2
- Cheat (1 cost, Neutral/Yellow) x 2
- Long Con (0 cost, Hero/Yellow) x 2
- Unpredictable (0 cost, Neutral/Yellow) x 2
- Dodge (2 cost, Neutral/Gray) x 2
- Diversion (1 cost, Neutral/Yellow) x 2
- R2-D2 (2 cost, Hero/Gray) x 2
- Ammo Belt (1 cost, Neutral/Gray) x 2
- Ascension Gun (2 cost, Neutral/Yellow) x 2
- Second Chance (3 cost,Hero/Yellow) x 1
My thinking behind the deck
The changes have mainly been to strengthen what the deck is meant to do best, mill. So in comes Command Center for War-Torn Streets. For some reason my battlefield never gets chosen by Dale. But that’s what the Ascension Gun is for, I don’t care I can still use it.
Second Chance is there to keep Padme on the board. Throw in Ammo Belt and some recursion and Padme is very hard to get rid of.
R2-D2 was added to boost Jyns discard from hand sides of her dice.
Evade, Bolt Hole and Friends in Low Places were taken up to two copies each to improve their likely hood of being drawn.
How’d it do?
I did try this as eJyn/Padme but it didn’t work as well for me as the ePadme/Jyn. Mind you it could be because the first game yesterday against Dales Hero deck (I should have made a note of his line up) drew all the right cards for him early on and was doing lots of damage. Back to ePadme/Jyn and not so great card draw for Dale I took the next three games.
The bane of my life ePalpatine. This deck is doing a lot better against it. It won two games against it, and the ones it lost were pretty close games. I was using Con Artist (borrowed from Dale) instead of Rebel. Which made a big difference I think.
In our final game I proxied in a second Second Chance. Yeah I need a second one of these. Along with my Dodge (Block wasn’t needed against this version of Dales deck), Evade and Unpredictable I was able to avoid and hang in there against this damage heavy deck.
I found I wasn’t using R2-D2 at all against ePalpatine, he came out in two early games. So R2-D2 is at risk.
In one game I rolled the following. Which equated to six cards discarded from the top of Dales deck. That’s massive.
If my opponent gets a good draw on a damage heavy deck I have problems. Who wouldn’t?
Ideally I’d like more recursion. So I can pull back cards to keep me in the game longer.
It needs that second copy of Second Chance. Con Artist worked well so Rebel is my most likely candidate for going in its place.
Over on Instagram the following helpful suggestions were made:
I think the mono mill deck is nearly there. A couple of tweaks and until the next set is released it’s not going to change. So in all likely hood the next post about this deck will be the final one!