Wow am I late in getting this post out. Better get on with it…
January is that one month of the year that seems to drag on. I think the blindingly obvious thing from last month is I played a lot of Magic the Gathering. This won’t be the case for much longer. From May onwards it will drop considerably, I’ll still be playing it. Just not as often because the opportunities to play won’t be there.
Two legacy games (Gloomhaven and Charterstone) started last month. I enjoy that style of game, I like the way actions have an impact on future plays. It gives them extra meaning.
Three new games got to the table. One of them a legacy game.
Sadly I only played seven games all month. I think due to scarcity of funds, the start of the legacy games, being able to afford the other meet ups has been hard. So it’s meant I’ve not attended those and thus the opportunity to play more games has been less.
Anyway here are the stats…
Here are the updated measurements of my averages.
The final section as usual presents the data graphically so we can try and see trends. As you can see MtG has been distorting things a lot recently.
My Game of the Month…
This can only be Charterstone. Lovely art work (which I will go into a bit more in my next game report for it), worker placement (a mechanic I really like), legacy element, great components, once finished as a legacy game can still be played, a recharge pack allows the legacy side to be played a second time using the flip side of the board. Yeah delightful legacy game, and well deserved winner of game of the month.
Worst Game of the Month…
Yep there is a “winner” of this infamous award this month, and it’s down to its butt ugly awful artwork. Yep Escape the Dark Castle despite being an ok game, has dire art that puts me off wanting to play it. So for the art alone it’s getting this award.
Hopefully hitting the table in February…
I failed miserably last month to get these two classics to the table. So let’s see if I have better luck in February with them.
- Suburbia – I really need to get this to the table. It’s been sitting in my collection for a while now. It’s shameful I haven’t played it yet.
- ￼Ghost Stories – another classic that has been sitting in my collection. About time this saw the light of day also.
- Tao Long – I like abstract games, and I really need to get this Kickstarter to the table.
- The weekly Friday Evening Gaming at The White Lion (or FEG@WL as I call it)
- Every second Wednesday of the month we have our monthly meet up. This month that second Wednesday is next week. Which I’m not sure will be well attended by people in relationships. Their partners might get upset.
If you are in the area and want to attend one of the events, please visit the Fenland Gamers Facebook page for further details about the event. Hope to see you there