So let’s get straight in to looking at the numbers behind last months gaming.
Wow when you look at the following numbers for February, just wow.
I played 29 different games last month, 11 of them were new to me (1 was new in the sense I had played it but before I had started recording my game plays). I think with the amazing number of plays also, this has to be probably the best month of gaming I have had so far since records began (just over a year now).
Plus this wasn’t all down to me playing lots of light games. There is a nice mix between the different styles.
Looking back at February 2016, and it’s like OMG! The difference is amazing. I almost feel like I did play any games back then compared to now.
As usual I also generate a graphical view of the number of games played, and the number of plays. That just makes this months gaming figures look even more dramatic.
My Game of the Month…
It was a strong month for games played. For a handful of them any other month and they would have been my choice that month. But one just stood out from the crowd. This months game of the month is Santorini.
The game is proving a big hit in our game group. Jonathan added it to his collection, he was one of the lucky ones able to find a copy. It sold out fast when it hit the supply chain and the FLGS. Which means it’s sitting on Debbie’s wish list at the moment.
Worst Game of the Month…
I think despite the massive misplays, Dead Men Tell No Tales has to be the worst game I played in February. It’s not that bad that I am consigning it to the Nantucket Wing of Shame (conveniently built round Jonathan’s). I just don’t think there was enough there to make me want to go back and try playing the game correctly. And it’s for that reason Dead Men Tell No Tales has this infamous honor.
SIDE NOTE: Despite Jonathan having underhandedly offloaded Nantucket with New Bedford in a trade/sale recently. He will forever be the home of the Nantucket Wing of Shame.
Hopefully hitting the table in March…
I think I did really well last month with all the games I mentioned making it to the table. So here are the ones I’d like to try and play in March.
- Star Wars Rebellion – yeah I’m caving and want to try it. Luckily one of our clubs members has the game in their collection.
- Broom Service – I want to play Kiki’s Delivery Service the game!! Ok I know it’s not, but it sure could be.
- Mech vs Minions – well after really enjoying the first play of it, I want to play more of the missions.
- Mint Works – I have no excuse why this hasn’t been played since getting it.
Fenland Gamer Events for March (so far)…
- The monthly meetup (next Wednesday)
- The weekly Friday Evening Gaming at The White Lion (or FEG@WL as I call it)
- Mechs vs Minions (still currently 2 spaces available)
- A second attempt at T.I.M.E. Stories: A Prophecy of Dragons (full booked)
Finale of Season 2 of our Formula D League (was on the 1st)
- NSPCC Big Board Game Day
If you are in the area and want to attend one of the events, please visit the Fenland Gamers Facebook page for further details about the event.